Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Product Review: Pantene Pro-V Curly Series (Dry to Moisturized)


After watching TLC Extreme Couponing, I became a little extreme about couponing and sampling.  I went to the Proctor & Gamble website and signed up to receive free samples and coupons for their products.  One of the sample categories was hair; I had the option of choosing between their new "hair type" products.  So out of the fine, medium-thick, color treated and curly, I chose.......CURLY!

When I received the products last week, I wasn't too thrilled.  I read the ingredients on the shampoo and saw Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and Cocamidopropyl Betaine; really, all three!  However, I wanted to try the products together, so I drenched my hair with aloe vera juice, olive oil, and coconut oil to protect my strands against the harsh detergents.  I can't give a review on the shampoo because I only lathered once and with the help of the pre-shampoo treatment my hair did not feel stripped at all.  Thank God!

Directly after I rinsed the shampoo, I applied the conditioner and OMG!  My hair had so much slip; my fingers glided through my hair like a hot knife through butter.  For those of you that don't understand, slip is a big deal for us kinky curly girls. 

Even though I was amazed by the results of this conditioner, remember just last week I said I had enough conditioner to last me the rest of the year.  Well, the fact that I fell in love with this product is not helping my will power.  I also said that I would only buy natural products and this conditioner doesn't fall in that category either..SIGH!  I need an product junkie intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment