Sunday, February 27, 2011

Product Review: Giovanni 50-50 Balanced Kit

If you are a product junkie like myself, than you already know that some of the best buys for hair and body care are found at TJX stores (Marshalls, TJ-Maxx, and HomeGoods).  Whenever I visit these stores, I never leave without some type of cosmetic.  I really have a serious issue!

On my most recent trip to TJ-Maxx, I found a Giovanni 50-50 Balanced kit for $12.99.  It included the Vitapro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment, Hydrating Clarifying Shampoo, and Hydrating Calming Conditioner.  All products were full size, so it was a definite must have.   Although, I've only used one of their products, I am very familiar with the Giovanni brand and it's philosophy.  My first introduction was the Giovanni Direct Leave-In (which I still have to try). 

This past Wednesday, I washed and conditioned with the shampoo and it was wonderful.  It is sulfate-free with low suds and my hair felt clean and not stripped.  I followed with the conditioner and I absolutely fell in love.  For years, I've used conditioners full of silicones just to get that slippery, easy to detangle feeling.  I finally found something just as good without all of the harsh ingredients.  After that, I used the leave-in and it was just okay; I'm sure I'll like the Direct Leave-In much better for my natural styles.  I will definitely save the VitaPro Fusion for straightening.

 Here are the products in the kit :



 Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with rosemary (Rosmariuns officianalis) oil, nettle (Uritaca dioca) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilis flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavendula angustifolia), coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, PVP, citric acid (corn), sodium hydrozymethylgycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived), fragrance with essential oils. *Certified Organic by Guaranteed Certification Services.
Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with *rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (Uritica dioica) oil, *thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil, birch leaf (Butela alba) oil, *chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil, *clary (Salvia sclarea), *lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), *coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara), *yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (Malva sylvestris), *horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (Glycine soja), C12-14 olefin sulfonate (coconut derived), cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, sodium chloride (sea salt), grapefruit seed (citrus derived).
Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) , rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, salvia sclarea (lcary) leaf extract, lavendula angustifolia (lavender), tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) flower extract, achillea miliefolium (yarrow) extract, seed extract, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine, panthenol, cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, hydroxypropyl guar, behentrimonium methosulfate, polysorbate 60, citric acid, disodium EDTA, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, fragrance with essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment