Monday, January 3, 2011

First Resolution of the New Year...Check!!!

As you may know, I suffered pretty severe heat damage to my hair from constant direct heat (blow-dryers, flat irons, etc) which left my natural hair in a relaxed state.   So, as of November 2009, I have been on a heat hiatus, re-claiming my natural kinks, curls, and coils.  I contemplated cutting my hair for the New Year, but I got scared.  I remembered when I shaved my head in 2002, as it grew out, the TWA (teeny-weeny afro) was not my friend.  I resorted to all sorts of scarfs to hide my hair.  This feeling haunted me for the last few months and told myself over and over again to WAIT!

Well, after a comforting conversation with one of my friends/big sister/fellow natural, I decided to just do it.  So, this morning at 12am I did the BC (big chop) for the third time.

To follow my hair journey from 2004 to now, click here!

don't be grossed out, it's just my hair in the sink!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Aja! I too, know how difficult it is to make the decision to bc..."again"! I bc'd (boy cut) for the second time this past July, and I'm now in full twa mode! Lol.
    Great blog BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies, I feel so good about my decision no regrets so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bc'd due heat damage only to do crazy things like BKT. BTW your photo is stunning! You'll do great this time. You have more knowledge than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Hopefully, this will be my last BC.

    ReplyDelete