Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello world!!!

My name is Aja.  Just in case you were wondering, yes, I was named after Steely Dan's 1977 release.  Who is Steely Dan you ask?  The most awesome jazz-rock band ever!  Even if you don't know their music, you at least know the sample of "Black Cow" used by Peter Gunz and Lord Tariq's 1998 hit "Deja Vu/ Uptown Baby".  Yeah, that was all Steely Dan!

I am from Baltimore (born and raised) and attended college at Philadelphia University.  I decided to stay in Phillly 4 years after graduation to waste my time and work like a field slave in the beautiful cosmetic industry.   The entire 8 years I was in Philadelphia, I didn't get a chance to know the city and what I did know, I didn't like.  So in June 2010, I decided to quit my job, move back to Baltimore to work on my clothing line and spend time with my family and friends.  Ironically, I've been back and forth to Philly since I left and I have a new appreciation for the city that I never learned.  I even considered moving back, but who knows.  Although I love my friends and family in Bmore, I'm ready to make my next move, very soon!!  

Anyway,  this blog is going to be about me, duh.  I'm going to talk about MY hair, MY make up, what I'M wearing, and who I'M listening to because I'm so DOPE.  JUST KIDDING!!!  However, I will talk about my favorite hair and makeup products, dope music, great fashion and post pics galore!  So, stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment